Happy Birthday Daddy and Tiling!


Happy birthday Wally!


A nice birthday bouquet from our hydrangea and gardenia bushes.


The floor was not the only thing Wally worked on...for real...he finished up the pocket door installation, connected the water to the fridge, worked out in the yard, and connected the computer to the stereo speakers.

And now, what you are all dying to see:


Putting down backerboard.


Tile cut and down.


Grouted, cleaned, moved back in.


Kitchen.


I came to my senses and decided the microwave above the oven made sense. So he did that too!

When I had my Dr. appointment on Monday, we somehow got on the subject of Wally, and the Dr. said, "He must be really handy!" Yeah...there's nothing he's not good at!

5 comments:

Michael June 25, 2008 at 3:19 AM  

The floor looks great. Nice work!

nannykim June 25, 2008 at 4:59 AM  

Wow that was a big job. Hey, I think I like the black counter tops with it all. The tiles do remind me of the beach ;-). He surely accomplished a lot!!! It is nice to have such a handy hubby--hmmm, maybe he can come here a week!!

nannykim June 25, 2008 at 5:01 AM  

oh, soooooo, is he going to try keeping the beard--goateee (sp?). Dad shaved his off this week ;-). I will have to post some pics soon.

Heather Iverson June 26, 2008 at 7:28 PM  

The floor looks wonderful! Nice job, Wally. That was a lot of area to cover. I know that took A LOT of work. It took us forever just to tile our upstairs bathroom!

marie June 30, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

The floor looks fabulous! Good job Wally. We might be calling for tips when we decide what we're doing with our kitchen floor.

Labels