Preparing for Baby Alden

This past week was basically spent getting things together for Alden's arrival. I finished his blanket, sewed curtains and a little pillow, hung a few things on the wall, and bought a cute nightlight/lamp. Wally installed the smoke detector, moved some furniture in and the swing out, and installed the venetian blinds. So now he can come :)


Alden's light-weight blanket (flipped a corner to show the back too).


The curtain and pillow, little rocker for Rhianwen to sit in...wishful thinking :)


The letters that my good friend Heather painted and ribboned just for us!


Crib and changing table.

I had Wally snip the wire to the music in the baby swing. Having "Let Me Call You Sweetheart" on my mind all day long was already driving me insane and I couldn't stop Rhianwen from pressing the music button. Mua ha ha...I'm so evil. She hasn't seemed to mind the lack of music so far.

We also have our bags packed and some backup babysitters in case we have to rush off to the hospital before Wally's mom gets here. Now that we are all ready, he'll probably wait 3 weeks before coming. Of course, I have this horrible gift of having to go to the hospital on holiday weekends, so maybe just maybe, he will come on the 4th, just to help me keep the trend.

We're enjoying the garden. Blackberries, corn, tomatoes, broccoli, and green beans so far.


SO good. Especially in plain yogurt with granola.

I've tried pollinating our squash b/c they are not growing big squash, and I read that that happens b/c there are fewer bees and the squash doesn't get pollinated without them. I hope it works!

5 comments:

nannykim July 3, 2008 at 4:23 AM  

Wow, didn't know you had that much black berries. Man , the pictures of the room don't show how bright the yellow is HAAAAAA! That chair looks much more comfy than the one I slept in when Rhi came home :-)---hopefully Alden will be better at sleeping the first few nights. I hope he will be like Skipper!! Such an easy baby!!!(still got up a lot, but went right back down).Hey here is a completely random thought--I read somewhere , probably in the Mitford series, about Tobious (spelling??) and remembered a favorite name from childhood was Toby. (Maybe your next son,,,,,HA HA!!!)

nannykim July 3, 2008 at 4:28 AM  

Ps. you need to remind people of this part of your blog when you post on Rhi's part

Heather Iverson July 4, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

Oh good! You got your package! :o) I'm so glad it actually made it to you before Alden is born!

The curtain, pillow and blanket look so nice. When in the world are you finding the time to sew these days?

nannykim July 13, 2008 at 6:39 PM  

ok ok are stil waiting for little ALDEN!!!

nannykim July 13, 2008 at 6:40 PM  

hmm, I meant WE ARE STILL WAITING

Labels