A Kindred Spirit

So, just a week or so after mom wrote about this scary yellow spider that sits out by her front door, guess what we found outside of our front door:




Because Rhianwen was wandering around the yard with no supervision while I was taking these pics, they are a tad blurry since I couldn't mess with the camera for long.


Back of the spider.

Don't know how long we'll let her stay, but so far no cryptic messages about Wilbur.

The only new thing since yesterday is despite 2 coats of primer and 3 coats of paint, something is bleeding through on the cabinets. The Duron people say that if it is nicotine (which is what I suspect), then we have to prime with oil based stain blocker then paint with latex or oil over top. So I bought some oil based primer and will see!

2 comments:

nannykim September 14, 2007 at 3:51 AM  

The spider at your house is really ours!!!! OUrs disappeared yesturday!!! So today I will sadly knock all the webbing down; I have so enjoyed watching her and I really couldn't believe it when I went out yesturday early evening and she was nowhere to be found. It is so weird how you can get attached to one of God's creations!! Hope you get to enjoy watching yours for a while. About the paint; the oil based primer is always much better at blocking. The painters that came to our house loved a product called Gripper and they swore that nothing compared to it--but it isn't always easy to find!!

nannykim September 15, 2007 at 3:54 PM  

Well, guess what? a different spider has built a web on the other side of the porch. It is the same type of spider, but he is smaller than our other one. This one is more like 2 and a half inches and the other one was between 3 and 4---but I'm glad another one has come!!!!

Labels