Moving the Carport and Snow


Bearded snowman.

Wally moved the big ugly carport that loomed in our backyard behind the tree house and near the swing. I don't know how he carried all that heavy metal by himself, but he reconstructed it to the side of our deck and plans to add shelves and to use it to work on projects. I don't think we have any before pictures, but here is the "after":



I don't have any good pictures of the work he did b/c he took the carport and ALSO the sides to the old shed and attached the sides to the carport frame to make an enclosed space,but you can see the carport to the left of the deck and behind the tree on the left side of this picture. Yeah, I know, pretty bad pic. Maybe when it is light out I'll remember to take a better one.




Some favorite snow pics:






I love how the snow is sticking to the tree trunks.


Bird in the snow.


Magnolia tree.


Snow on flower buds.

For some reason I decided to scrape the rest of the glue off the entryway to our family room...I guess I got tired of waiting to finish the floor and decided to spend some time scraping. It's not done yet, but hopefully soon.


Thoughts on the inauguration: Loved Rick Warren's prayer.

I think it's funny that people think that "anything is possible" is obviously a good thing. (I'm NOT talking about race issue, which I guess is what they are trying to get at...I'm very excited about that possibility having been fulfilled.)

4 comments:

Andy P January 26, 2009 at 5:37 AM  

The carport looks awesome in it's new location . . . and so does the yard!

nannykim January 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

I almost forgot to come here. The yard looks so much better and I do envy the snow!! And the smell there is to snow, and the quiet there is to snow.

I don't remember even seeing the glue!!

Heather Iverson January 26, 2009 at 8:28 PM  

What a great big backyard. I think that is the first photo that I have seen taken from that perspective.

Love the snow pics. So pretty.

Jenny February 19, 2009 at 4:38 PM  

I'm so jealous of your snow. We had two snow days but it left nothing on the ground. Next time I'm coming to visit you guys when it snows, so my kids can learn what snow is.

Labels